Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something different...

Okay - if you like Cream of Wheat, you're a friend of mine.  Honestly.  I love Cream of Wheat or Farina, or whatever it is you call it.  And the thing is...the more lumps in it, the better.  My hubby thinks I'm crazy.  He tells me how his mother perfected the art of pouring it in while stirring so as to make no lumps at all.  What fun is that??  Not that I like great big gobs of lumps, I just like a couple here and there.  Gives me more to chomp on.

Anyway...lol  I tried making some the other day with milk to add protein.  I had some fat free half and half left that I needed to use up, so I used it in place of some of the milk.  Wow....you would never believe the difference!!  It was soooo creamy.  YUM.  and, I'm ashamed to admit to my dieting world friends...but it's good with butter in it too.  That's from my mission days and a companion that introduced me to that little bit of yum.  I put just a bit in, probably half a teaspoon, but you can still taste it. So, then, I added cinnamon.  It was getting better and better all the time.  Add a little of splenda blend brown sugar blend (and I do mean a LITTLE) and it's heavenly.

I made it again this morning for breakfast, and had just a little left over in the pan when I came home from work.  Hmmm...so I warmed it up in the microwave, added the smallest tich of butter and about a tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips.  Oh man!  Who would have thought a chocolaty treat was a breakfast food???  So, if your craving something chocolate and have some Cream of Wheat or a generic stand in around, give it a whirl.  You'll love it...  ;)

No comments: