Friday, February 3, 2012

Doughnuts!!

Okay - I was shopping and actually stopped and looked at the doughnut counter.  I really wanted one of those chocolate cake ones...but I was good.  I thought, NO!  I can make them at home.  I will make them.  I will make them better.  I will make them with protein in them!!  So I did.  I came home and we had lunch and then I made doughnuts.  sigh.  It was worth the wait.  Enjoy!


Chocolate Protein Doughnuts


    Milk, nonfat, 0.75 cup  Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp  Baking Powder, 2 tsp  Kroger Whey Protein, 7 scoops *Whole Wheat Flour, 1.5 cup  Applesauce, unsweetened, .5 cup  Egg substitute, liquid (Egg Beaters), .5 cup  Kroger semi sweet chocolate chips mini, 2 tbsp


Mix all the dry ingredients together, stir well. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and applesauce. Add to dry ingredients, mix till well blended, but not too smooth, might need to add more milk if too thick. stir in chocolate chips. Be sure to spray the doughnut pan so they don't stick. spoon out the batter into doughnut pan, not filling more than half way.
Preheat oven to 350 and bake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!



Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 21
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 82.5
  • Total Fat: 1.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 16.9 mg
  • Sodium: 87.0 mg
  • Total Carbs: 9.8 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
  • Protein: 8.8 g

No comments: