Sunday, March 13, 2011

Maple Jubilee Jumbles

Okay...these cookies are simply addictive.  I know I've said chocolate is the bomb, but these are better than chocolate...really.  My sister makes them all the time and I begged her for the recipe.  She finally found it and gave it to me, and as is my moto, adjusted them to fit my lifestyle.  I lightened the sugar, used egg whites and pureed beans instead of butter.  They turned out really good!!  So, give it a try...you'll be wanting to eat the whole batch...

Maple Jubilee Jumbles
(adapted from Cooky Primer)


    Pureed Great Northern Beans, .75 cup  Brown Sugar, .75 cup, packed  Applesauce, unsweetened, 1 cup  Egg white, 3 servings Kroger Fat Free Sour Cream, 4 Tb Kroger plain greek yogurt, 1 serving  (I didn't have any more fat free sour cream - you could probably eliminate one or the other as long as you had a full cup) *mapleine, 6 tsp  *Flour, white, 2.5 cup  Baking Soda, .5 tsp  Walnuts, .25 cup, chopped

Mix the beans, sugar, applesauce and eggs in a mixing bowl thoroughly. Add the sour cream, yogurt and mapeline. Combine the flour with the soda and blend in. Add the nuts. The original recipe says to chill dough if soft...this stuff is way soft, chilling won't make any difference.
Drop teaspoonfuls onto a sprayed cookie sheet and bake about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not let them brown! Will be slightly golden on the bottom. top with frosting of choice, enjoy!
makes almost 8 dozen cookies...

I used Spif y Whip to make the frosting for these, adding 1/4 C powdered sugar and 1 tsp mapleine.  It's divine.  You could also make a glaze and drizzle the cookies with a maple flavored glaze.  The calories do not include the frosting...  ;)  

  • Servings Per Recipe: 70
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 34.8
  • Total Fat: 0.3 g
  • Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
  • Sodium: 19.7 mg
  • Total Carbs: 7.7 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
  • Protein: 1.2 g

No comments: