Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yummy Banana Muffins!


Okay, I decided I wanted banana bread, and so I adapted a recipe and added my favorite, mini chocolate chips. It turned out great, so I'm posting it. Enjoy!!

3 C whole wheat flour
4 packets sun crystals
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/2 C egg substitute
3 ripe mashed bananas
2 C unsweetened Applesauce
5 Tb mini chocolate chips

I made 24 mini muffins and 1 loaf with this. two muffins per serving equals 12 servings and 1 slice per serving makes 22. Sun Crystals is a brand of sweetener containing both stevia and sugar.
I pureed the bananas, eggs and applesauce together and added to mixed dry ingredients. I added the chocolate chips last and then sprayed the mini muffin pan and the bread pan before filling. Heated oven to 350. Bake muffins for 10 minutes or until golden on the edges. bake loaf for 40 minutes or until golden brown and stick comes out clean in middle.

Nutritional Info:
Servings Per Recipe: 22
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 91.6
Total Fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
Sodium: 16.1 mg
Total Carbs: 17.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
Protein: 3.1 g

No comments: