Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yummm...Chicken and Rice casserole


Okay...I know I haven't been posting very much, but I also haven't been cooking much that's new. Or exciting. Or frugal. sigh. I've been just trying to meet my goals each day, and some day's (let's say SATURDAY) meant drinking a butt load of protein drink to counter act the carbs for the day. sigh. So, Sunday I decided to combine my two favorite recipes into one, and it turned out amazing. My kids loved it, even one that doesn't really liked baked chicken! So, give it a try...


Family Chicken Rice Bake

Brown Rice, medium grain, 6 cups
swanson low sodium 100% fat free chicken broth, 2 cans
western family cream of chicken soup, 2 cans
Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cans
Mushrooms, fresh, 2 cup, pieces or slices
fat free cottage cheese kroger, 1 container
Kroger Fat Free Sour Cream, 1 container
Chicken Breast, no skin, 10 breasts,
extra sharp cheddar cheese, 10 oz
minced onion 2 T
Mrs. Dash to season

Reheat oven to 350. Spray two large casserole dishes with spray. Divide rice between the two pans (3 cups each). Place cottage cheese divided between the two, and the mushrooms. Place chicken on rice. Mix all the fluid ingredients together and divide between the two pans, pouring over the chicken (make sure with the water that it totals 12 cups of fluid). Sprinkle minced onion onto the pans. Place in oven in the center, bake for 60 minutes. Check to see if rice is cooked...I cooked another 5 minutes and then sprinkled the cheese on top, cooking another 5 minutes and then turning off the oven and then let sit for about 10 minutes. Serves 10 -- although I cut the breasts in half and we had seconds, so really, 20.


Nutritional Info

servings Per Recipe: 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 337.9
Total Fat: 9.0 g
Cholesterol: 88.4 mg
Sodium: 785.0 mg
Total Carbs: 23.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
Protein: 37.9 g

No comments: