Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blueberry Muffins without guilt!!


I decided I wanted blueberry muffins for breakfast, so I looked up recipes and found one similar to what I wanted to make, and adapted it. So, here's the result. I used the mini muffins because I like thinking I'm getting more for my buck...lol. Enjoy!!

1 Cup old fashion rolled oats (not instant)
1 Cup skim milk
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp splenda / stevia substitute
1 Cup frozen blueberries

oak the oats in the milk for about an hour - ( I did for the amount of time it took to mix the dry ingredients). Heat oven to 400 degrees, Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Combine the oat mixture with the applesauce and egg whites, mix until combined. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until combined. Add blueberries. Bake for 17-20 minutes -- only 10 min for the mini's. Remove from pan and let cool.

Servings Per Recipe: 12 (a serving is 3 mini muffins)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 95.6
Total Fat: 0.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
Sodium: 180.9 mg
Total Carbs: 19.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
Protein: 3.7 g

No comments: