Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lasagna


Well, I figured my next recipe should be the one my kids like the most...Lasagna. I do it just a little different, and they say it's way better than anything else they've eaten, so I guess they like it...grin. You can cook the noodles ahead of time, I guess it saves about a half hour baking -- but I like to simplify and just bake it longer.

Meat Lasagna
(makes 2 13x9 pans)

2 pkgs lasagna noodles
3 Large cans Spaghetti sauce (any flavor)
1 - 2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
1 large tub low fat or fat free cottage cheese
1 large tub Riccota low fat cheese
1 bag (2 lb) mozzarella cheese (I prefer pre-grated...saves on time)
3 eggs
parsley to season

Prehead oven to 350.
Mix meat and sauce together (I usually do this in the pan I've cooked the meat in). In a large bowl, mix cottage cheese, half the mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese. Add eggs, stir in well. Add Parsley.
Spray 13x9 pans and then pour a layer of sauce over the bottom of each pan. (I usually make one pan at a time, but it depends on what you like to do.) Layer lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spread a layer of cheese mixture over the noodles. Add another layer of noodles, and continue alternating between sauce and cheese. I like lots of layers, and so do my kids.
You should end with the sauce on top -- but I've mixed the leftover cheese into it too. Sprinkle cheese on top, as thick as you want, and then cover with aluminum foil. Put in middle of oven and bake for 1 hour. Take the foil off and let cheese brown a little on top -- about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 10 minutes before serving. Will really be hot!! Very yummy! We usually have a big green salad and sometimes breadsticks with this. (we make so much so we have leftovers for hubbies lunches)

No comments: