Tuesday, August 11, 2009

That Favorite from the Garden



Every year we make the same thing, and every year I try a new recipe. I finally found the combination of things that I like, and my daughter made it perfectly. She was the one putting things together, I was the one suggesting the changes. Amazing how well that worked! grin. So here is our recipe...low fat and low sugar zucchini bread to die for!

3 C Applesause (we used homemade unsweetened stuff)
2 C brown sugar
6 eggs (I guess we could have tried three eggs and three egg whites, but I didn't want to push it)
1 C Olive oil
4 C zucchini (grated)
2 ripe bananas (very ripe...ugh)
2 tsp baking soda
5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

mix all the applesause and sugar and eggs together, then add the oil and the zucchini and bananas. Then mix in the rest, making sure there aren't any clumps of stuff.
Bake at 325 for 1 hour. This makes 4 large loaves. And they are the lightest stuff you'll ever eat...YUM!

No comments: