Thursday, January 29, 2009

Easy Lunch!

I got home from work today and had to figure out what to make for lunch. It's been that way all week, unfortunately. One day my daughter bought chinese, so that was easy. Today I remembered we had leftover mozzarella, pepperoni and pita pockets. That was a combination made in heaven and that's what we had. Just in case you need directions, I'll post them for ya.

Pita pizza's

6 whole wheat pitas
1 C spaghetti sauce (or less, depending on how much you like)
pkg of sliced pepperoni
grated mozzarella cheese
pineapple tidbits (optional)

My pita's were frozen, so I defrosted them in the microwave before putting them on the cookie sheet. Then I turned on my oven broiler to high. I slathered the sauce on the pitas and then divided out about 6 to 7 pepperoni per pita. Then I grated the cheese over the top. Not really heavy, but nice. Then I added pineappe, we are fruit bats in my house.
You slip it into the oven and let the cheese melt and get a little bubbly, perhaps even a little gold around the edges, and then pull it out. It's quick, easy and too fatning either!
Enjoy!

No comments: