Monday, October 27, 2008

Zucchini Brownies


My daughter brought home a huge zucchini the other day, and we figured we'd better put it to good use...so this is the recipe I adapted from one I got off the internet. It turned out WAY yummy - enjoy!

Zucchini Brownies
2 C zucchini, shredded (then run through the processor till fine)
1 C Sugar
1/2 C sugar free applesauce (my addition-cuts down on the sugar)
1/2 C oil
2 ripe bananas mashed (my addition-cuts down on the oil)
2 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
1/3 C cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt (I didn't add)
1/2 C walnuts, chopped (optional- I didn't put them in because my daughter won't eat them, but it would have been very good with them)
1 pkg Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)

Combine zucchini, sugar, applesauce, oil and bananas. Add dry ingredients (sifted together if you'd like) and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 min.

The recipe called for frosting, but we didn't think it needed any -- it was very rich and chocolaty. Kind of more a cake than brownie.

No comments: